​​ Bachelor's in Social Work

In California, a person must hold a Master's in Social Work to become a licensed Social Worker. Earning your Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW) is your first step towards that licensing! Find out more about licensing through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Both programs below are accredited not only by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (standard, regional accreditation), they are also accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.  This body verifies that Social Work educational programs include the required content and internship hours necessary to help you reach your goal of becoming a licensed Social Worker.
    FUNDING for Bachelor's (and Master's) in Social Work 

    CalSWEC’s Title IV-E helps students in approved Bachelor’s (and Master’s) of Social Work programs with stipends or tuition and books/supplies reimbursements. Program benefits vary by university and student status (part-time or full-time). Program recipients must work at a public child welfare/tribal agency upon graduation for  1 to 2 years. For more details, use the following links. Questions? Contact the campus representative indicated on the website:

    Find other local students who are pursuing their Bachelor's in Social Work! Become part of a BOLD Cohort!