Welcome to the Associate Degree Nursing Program at Shasta College!
As you begin your nursing course, we hope that you will each experience the challenges and rewards you have anticipated. Each faculty and staff member is here to assist you in meeting your goal of becoming a registered nurse.
The Student Handbook has been developed as a reference for the program’s philosophy, objectives, practice standards, policies and procedures. The course information handout you receive prior to or at the first session of each course, references this student handbook, will be reviewed at your orientation and serves as your student contract for each course.
Students who are starting their ADN Program are required to sign an acknowledgment that they have read the student handbook. This signed acknowledgement will be submitted as part of your Pre-Enrollment Clinical Requirements packet. Periodically throughout the ADN program, faculty will give quizzes on the content of the Student Handbook.
General ADN Information
- Student Communication
- Children on Campus
- Cell phones/pagers
- School/Clinical Cancellation
- Time Commitment/Scheduling
- Student Evaluation
- Written Paper Standards
Health & Safety Standards
Dress Standard for Clinical Experiences
- Absences - Illness, Injury, Surgical Procedures, Pregnancy
- Impaired Student Standard
- Dress Standard - Clinical Skills Lab
- Master Performance Criteria (MPC)
- Body Fluids CSL Standards
- Clinical Expectancies
- Dress Standard - Clinical Agencies
- Orientation to Clinical Agencies
- Clinical Scheduling/Assignment
- Clinical Conferences
- Student Responsibilities Regarding Personal Health Status
- Injury and/or body fluid Exposure in the Clinical Setting
- Student Standards Regarding Patient Information
- Charts, Patient Care Kardex, Unit Patient Report Sheets
- Clinical Computer Access
- Standards for Use of Electronic Devices
Policies Referenced in Student Handbook:
- Learning Resource Center
- Nursing Student Organizations
- Health Services
- Educational Assistance
- Work Site Learning Program
- More Information
Students entering the Associate Degree Program must print and sign the following forms and submit them with your Clinical Requirements Packet on the date specified for your class.
ADN Clinical Requirements Packet
1st Semester Pre-Class Assignment
REGN 1 & 2 Textbooks