The Associate in Science Degree Nursing (ADN) program enrolls students in accordance with current California Community College Chancellor’s Office guidelines. Currently, the college uses a Wait List system of qualified applicants who meet minimum prerequisite requirements, and students are invited to enroll as space becomes available according to their qualifying date of application (all applications received on the same date are randomly ranked by computer). All applicants who desire to be enrolled in the ADN program (including qualified applicants for Advanced Placement) must apply to the program through the same Wait List & Enrollment process.
Next scheduled Wait List Application Information Sessions & Application Periods are:
Wait List Application filing periods
Wait List Application Information Sessions
Wait List Application Filing Period
February 9, 2015
March 16 - March 27, 2015
September 21, 2015
October 5 - October 16, 2015
Wait List Application Information Sessions
You may obtain an application packet during any Application Information Session. Packets will also be available at the Admissions and Records Office beginning the day following an Application Information Session and throughout the wait list application filing period during normal hours of operation. If you are unable to attend an Application Information Session, you may contact the Admissions and Records Office and request an application packet be sent to you by mail following the Application Information Session and through the wait list application filing period.
Wait List Application Filing Periods
There will be two application-filing periods each year, one during the fall semester and one during the spring semester. Packets will be available at any Application Information Session and at the Admissions and Records Office beginning the day following an Application Information Session and throughout the wait list application filing period during normal hours of operation. If you are unable to attend an Application Information Session, you may contact the Admissions and Records Office and request an application packet be sent to you by mail following the Application Information Session and through the wait list application filing period.
Admissions and Records Office Phone: (530) 242-7650
Wait List Application Information Sessions are on the days listed above at 5:30 PM at:
Health Sciences & University Program, Room 8220
1400 Market Street, Redding, CA 96001
Completion of Wait List Application Packets
Completed packets must be hand-delivered or sent by mail and received in the Admissions and Records Office no later than the final date of the wait list application-filing period -- the wait list application packet is not available as an online or email submission.
As wait list application-filing packets are submitted, each applicant will receive a receipt. A daily-randomized login number will be assigned to each packet submitted. Once eligibility is verified, Health Sciences Administrative Offices will process placement on the Master Wait List. Eligible applicants will be notified of their Wait List number by the Health Sciences & University Programs office.
Once an assigned number for the Wait List is determined, it is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain current information (name, address, telephone number, email address) with the Health Sciences & University Programs office. There are times when an individual on the waiting list changes his/her mind or moves, etc., and, therefore, other applicant’s may move their placement to an earlier date. The Health Sciences & University Programs office needs the most current information in order to offer the earlier placement opportunity.
Notification of Acceptance
As enrollment spaces are determined, applicants will be invited to enroll in the next class based on Wait List status. If when offered enrollment, the applicant is unable to attend due to extenuating circumstances they have the option to request deferment and, if granted, their name will be moved to the bottom of the Wait List. The option to defer is available one time only. ADN Enrollment Policy
All enrollment placements are based on space availability.
A Completed Wait List Application Packet includes ALL of the following:
- Shasta College Application
- ADN Program Wait List Application Filing form
- Official transcripts of ALL colleges attended. These will be used to document the successful completion of all prerequisite courses.
- *Official high school transcripts showing date of graduation, completion of California High School Proficiency Examination, or verified copy of G.E.D. test results.
- If applicant has attended another nursing program, a letter from the nursing program director of the previous school, regarding applicant's standing in the program.
- Additional Information related to the completion of the wait list application packet:
- Shasta College work will be obtained from the Admissions and Records office and made an official part of the wait list application filing packet.
- Failure to include ALL other college and/or high school records will result in the automatic disqualification of the wait list application filing packet.
- Other college and/or high school records that may already be on file with the Shasta College Admissions and Records office CANNOT be used for this packet.
- Once a wait list applicant has been placed on the waiting list, it will not be necessary to re-submit an application-filing packet.
- If a wait list applicant is determined to be ineligible, the applicant must re-submit all other college and/or high school records with each new application filing packet.
- Wait list applicants must review the ADN Enrollment Practice Policy and submit the Pre-Enrollment Practice Policy Acknowledgment Form with their application.
*Official transcripts are those that have been received from another educational institution in a sealed envelope and remain unopened. Once an envelope containing a transcript has been opened (seal broken) it cannot be accepted by Shasta College for purposes of enrollment filing to the ADN program.
Health & Safety Clinical Requirements
Contact Information Change Form
If you are currently on the Wait List and wish to have your name withdrawn, please notify us by submitting the Nursing Programs Wait List Withdrawal form