The Shasta College Associate Degree Nursing Faculty, in partnership with the students and the community, incorporate our core values of caring, mentorship, integrity, collaboration, role-modeling, and advocacy to educate nurses who are committed to believing, upholding, and acting upon these values to provide patient and family-centered healthcare within the community.
We believe in the synergistic interaction of these core values:
- Caring is the act of being nurturing and sensitive.
- Mentorship is the act of facilitating assimilation into the field of nursing
- Integrity is the act of being responsible and accountable.
- Collaboration is the act of creating multi-disciplinary partnerships.
- Role-modeling is the act of demonstrating professional behaviors.
- Advocacy is the act of intervening on the behalf of others.