- Meet & Greet: A 15-20 minute introduction to Library services and resources.
- Information Competency Instruction: Instruction on resources and skills including (but not limited to) research, critical thinking and documentation,
customized to support individual courses and assignments.
To get the most from Library Instruction at Shasta College:
- Plan the session to coincide with an existing research
assignment in your syllabus
- Provide the students with your research assignment and
discuss it before the library session
- Share your assignment and sample paper topics with your
librarian when you schedule your sessions
- Be an active participant with your students and
the librarian during the library instruction session
- If possible, please schedule your session at least one week in advance