The Shasta College Library houses various rooms to accommodate group study, library instruction sessions, and college-related meetings.You can find policies and information about room usage on these pages. Please note that the Library exercises the right to limit or alter these policies as needed at the staff's discretion.
Look for more improvements to the Library's spaces coming soon!
See below for more information about specific room policies.
Group Study Rooms
- The Shasta
, and Stillwater
Rooms afford quiet spaces in which small groups of students can study or use TVs connected to CPUs to play DVDs, access the Internet, and more.
- Rooms may be reserved in advance or checked out on-the-spot at the Circulation desk. You can also call (530) 242-7550 to reserve a room in advance.
- All rooms have large dry erase boards. Most have markers and erasers, but they are also available for checkout at the circulation desk.
- To reserve a room please have your library card free of any outstanding charges.
- Rooms are checked out for a two hour period. (Please mind the time as late returns will incur fines at 25¢ per hour).
The Fireside Room - The Shasta College Library's Fireside Room is a unique space on campus intended for student use as a study room as well as for staff meetings. The room is equipped with a large screen television with laptop connection and seating for 16 people.
- Reservations are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Reservations may be made:
A tentative meeting schedule is posted by the door weekly. Reservations of the Fireside Room may be used by student study groups so long as the group consists of three or more individuals. In keeping with library policy, no food is allowed in the Fireside Room.
Library Instruction Center (LIC) -
The LIC affords a wonderful venue for active learning and features 39 student work
stations, an overhead projector, document scanner, and printer. When library instruction is not scheduled, the LIC serves as an open computer lab. This room may only be reserved for Librarian led instruction sessions and orientations.
For information about booking a Library Instruction session for your class, please visit the Faculty and Staff Services page.
Library Floor Map