The Shasta College Library offers checkout privileges to our Tri-County area neighbors in the form of a Community Card. We also extend this service to students at Simpson University - with whom we have a reciprocal agreement. Community users may enjoy all the Library privileges granted Shasta College students, with the following exceptions:
- Videos/DVDs are IN LIBRARY USE ONLY.
- NO Interlibrary Loans. Please access the Public Library for ILLs.
- Databases are NOT available off campus to our Community members.
To qualify as a Community Cardholder, a user must meet the following criteria:
- Have a permanent address in the Tri-County area we serve – Shasta/Tehama/Trinity Counties
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Possess current CA Driver’s License or CA Identification Card
- Have authoritative proof of address if current address is not on CDL (i.e. we accept a bill mailed to the applicant's home by an authentic business or official source, or imprinted checks, etc.)
- Exception: Simpson University students DO NOT need a CDL, but DO need proof of Simpson current enrollment - Simpson Student ID card