The following associate degrees for transfer
are designed for the student who wishes to complete lower-division requirements
in preparation for transfer to a four-year college or university.
Designed for the
student planning on transferring to the California State University (CSU)
system. Students complete the CSU or IGETC general education pattern and
specific courses related to their major. Students who are awarded these
degrees are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU
system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or
to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This
priority does not guarantee
admission to specific majors or campuses. This degree requires a minimum of
60 transferrable units. The student completing this degree is not subject
to specific community college graduation requirements.
Students who have been
awarded an AA-T or AS-T are able to complete their remaining requirement for
the 120-unit baccalaureate degree within 60 semester or 90 quarter units.
prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor
to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that
best meets their goals and needs.
College offers the following AA-T/AS-T degrees:
Associate Degrees for Transfer
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Unit Requirement: Minimum of 60 California State University (CSU) transferrable semester units, courses numbered 1-99 at Shasta College.
- Scholarship Requirement: An overall grade point average (GPA) of not less than 2.0 in all transferrable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for this degree, some majors or transfer universities may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Residence Requirement: The last twelve (12) semester units of the sixty (60) semester units must be completed in residence at Shasta College immediately prior to graduation or a minimum of forty-eight (48) semester units must have been completed in residence at Shasta College if the student is not in attendance at the time of qualification for graduation.
- Course Requirements:
Field of Study: Select an “AA-T” or
“AS-T” major. All courses in the major
must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
Education: Certified completion of the
California State University General Education (CSU GE); OR the Intersegmental
General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
Note: If completing IGETC all courses must be
completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
Placement (AP) examination credit can be used to satisfy both CSU GE and
through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) can be used to satisfy CSU
GE. Note: The University of California does not accept
credit awarded through CLEP.
- Competency Requirements: Oral Communication, English Composition, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Reasoning courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
- These degrees do
not require completion of a multicultural course or demonstration of
computer literacy for Shasta College graduation purposes.