We can help you to register before classes start. Follow the steps below:
1. Admission: Fill out a Shasta College application for admission
2. Assessment: Take an English exam.
- Basic Level - You may take this exam in your first class. If you would like to take it before classes start, call the ESL Office at 530.242.7711 to make an appointment.
- Intermediate or Advanced Levels- Take the ESL COMPASS exam through the Assessment Center.
3. Apply for Financial Aide: Fill out the BOGG, an application for tuition fee waiver, and investigate other student financial assistance.
4. Counseling, Orientation, and Registration: Make an appointment to meet with an academic counselor. For an appointment, call 530.242.7724. For more information call the ESL/Basic Adult Education Office at 530.242.7711
To take a non-credit class, register for ESL 385. You may register for this class anytime during the semester.