The Student Attendance Accounting Manual is a set of statutory and regulatory guidelines related to California Community College student workload measurements for apportionment purposes and residency issues. The manual is in PDF format and can be downloaded at http://extranet.cccco.edu/Divisions/FinanceFacilities/FiscalServicesUnit/StudentAttendanceAccountingManual.aspx#SAAM
Weekly Census (Datatel designation is WC)
Weekly student contact hour procedures may be applied to any credit course scheduled regularly with respect to the number of days of the week and the number of hours the course meets on each scheduled day and scheduled coterminously with the primary term. Full apportionment is based on the student count as per census date for the semester.
- Must be a full term fall or spring class.
- Hours must be consistently scheduled each week.
- If there are any TBA hours, they must be scheduled weekly (i.e., 3 hours/week).
Refer to the TBA page for additional information on TBA requirements.
Daily Census (Datatel designation is DC)
Daily student contact hours procedure may be applied to any credit course scheduled to meet for five or more days and scheduled regularly with respect to the number of hours during each scheduled day, but not scheduled coterminously with the primary term. Full apportionment is based on the student count as per the census date for the section.
- Short-term classes that have consistently scheduled hours per week.
- Class must have a minimum of five class meetings.
- There can be no TBA hours.
Positive Attendance (Datatel designation is PA)
Positive attendance should only be used when absolutely necessary because the rate of funding is typically less than for other methods of attendance accounting because of the actual student hours.
The actual hours of attendance procedure (commonly referred to as "positive attendance") is based on an actual count of enrolled students present at each class meeting. The Datatel designation for non-credit courses is PANC.
- Short-term classes meeting less than five class meetings.
- Irregularly scheduled days and hours. Credit courses scheduled irregularly with
respect to the number of days of the week and the number of hours the course
meets on the scheduled days.
- Short-term class that include TBA hours.
- Apprenticeship Classes
- Non-Credit classes (300 level)
- Open Entry/Open Exit Courses
Online/Worksite Learning/Independent Study (Datatel designation is IS or ID)
For courses of independent study and work experience, one student contact hour shall be counted for each unit of credit for which the student is enrolled as of the census date or day. IS is used for full-term and ID is used for short-term. An online course is coded IS or ID if over 50% of the catalog hours are delivered online.
- Internet Classes
- Worksite Learning Classes
- Independent Study Classes