Campus Safety is hiring Campus Service Officers. (Posted 3/1/2016)
Please call Campus Safety for more information (530) 242-7913.
1. Enrolled in 9 or more units at Shasta College
2. Maintain a 2.0 GPA
3. Ability to demonstrate clear evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
The CSO Program
The goal of the Campus Service Officer (CSO) program is to provide students a great foundation in a work environment. The CSO’s who wish to take advantage of this
opportunity will be taught Campus Safety procedures and safety initiatives that help create a safer campus.
Students are exposed to a variety of
Act as a help desk attendant by assisting walk-in customers and answering questions related to all Campus Safety services.
Answer incoming phone calls, mail and communications.
Promote Campus Safety sponsored programs and campaigns through manning a booth.
They learn about criminal law and procedures from the penal and vehicle codes, case law.
Drug violations and addiction, police tactics, and other various law enforcement procedures.
The students partake in scenario exercises and training.
The CSO’s will have the ability to assist Campus Safety Officers in the field.
The Shasta College Campus
Safety Department facilitates the academic process by providing a safe and
secure environment in which to pursue academic excellence. Our commitment to
the Campus Service Officer program is based on the philosophy that we are:
Providing students a learning experience in a work environment
Providing employment and practical experience to our students
Enhancing our service delivery to the campus community
CSO’s are Shasta College
students, in good academic standing, who work for the department as civilian
employees. Under direct supervision, CSO’s patrol the campus property
performing designated security, parking enforcement activities, and various
related administrative functions.
Application Instructions / Conditions of Employment:
1. Completed application must be submitted to student employment services (located on the south end of the 100 building).
2. Applicant must submit to a fingerprint process provided by the District.
3. A background check will be completed.