LOST AND FOUND
The Campus Safety Office serves as the main Lost and Found for the Shasta College Campus and is located in room 5015. Items are kept in the Lost and Found until the end of the current semester. Unclaimed items are donated to charitable groups in our community, students or on campus programs and services.
If an item is found anywhere on campus the item needs to go immediately to the Lost and Found at the Campus Safety Office, Room 5015. It is very important that all items be labeled and brought to the Campus Safety Office as soon as possible. Please label the item with the following: date, time and the location found. Do not send any items through interoffice mail.
If a staff member in your department can not bring the item to Lost and Found, please call our office at 242-7910 or 242-7913, and we will have the item picked up from your department or office.
If a student or person comes into your area inquiring about a Lost or Found item please direct the student or person to the Campus Safety Office, room 5015 and/or call 242-7910 or 242-7913.
Important change notice: Lost and Found items that are not claimed by the owner are donated to non-profit organizations two (2) weeks after the end of each semester.
Lost and Found Procedures
- Item is cataloged and tagged by the Lost and Found Department.
- Item is inspected by a Campus Safety staff member to locate possible information as to owner of item.
- If a name is located, the Campus Safety staff member will attempt to contact the owner of the item either by phone, email, or mail. Please do not attempt to contact the owner, this causes confusion as to where the call came from and ultimately, causes confusion and frustration for the student.
- Item is then placed in a secure locked cabinet or safe, (depending on the value of the item). Items will remain in these areas until claimed or donated at the end of the semester.
- If a person has come to Lost and Found and his/her missing item is not there, he/she may complete a Lost Report. The Lost Report will be used to cross-reference and match any items that have been delayed in reaching Lost and Found. The Campus Safety Office will make contact and have the person identify and in most cases must show ID for all items being claimed.