Are You Ready For Today's Changing Workforce?!
Then join us for this three part series on 21st Century Job Skills at Shasta College. Each workshop will cover a skill that today’s employers are looking for. We’ll have free food and certificates of training for all participants. This series is free and open to the public. Don’t miss out!
Contact: Heather Wylie email@example.com or Casey Schurig firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL & DIVERSITY AWARENESS: Obtain a greater awareness of how diversity impacts the work environment
- When? Wednesday, February 22nd 12:30PM - Room 2206 – Shasta College
- Learn to demonstrate sensitivity and respect towards others with diverse backgrounds and cultures both locally and globally. Leverage social and cultural differences to redefine social norms and generate new ideas. Use professionalism and interpersonal skills to establish rewarding relationships with diverse individuals and groups
ENTREPRENEURIAL MINDSET: Achieve an understanding of the entrepreneurial nature of the modern workforce and the means of work attainment (This workshop is co-hosted by the Shasta College STEP UP Program).
- When? Thursday, April 6th at 2:00 pm - Shasta College Theater
- Who? Chef Jeff Henderson, (Chef Jeff) the New York Times best-selling author of Cooked: From the Streets to the Stove, From Cocaine to Foie Gras & Host of the Food Network Program “The Chef Project”. Chef Jeff Henderson is an award-winning chef, best-selling author and popular public speaker. He also is an ex-offender, having served nearly a decade in prison for drug related offenses. Chef Jeff has run kitchens as executive chef at the renowned Cafe Bellagio and Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, and has become one of the most inspirational chefs in the country.
COLLABORATION: Speaker Jake Kelfer: Jake Kelfer is a lifestyle entrepreneur and bestselling author. He uses stories, energy, authenticity, and entertainment as a way to inspire you. Over 80% of jobs are landed through networking and you will learn a simple six step process to becoming a champion networker!
- When? Wednesday, April 26th 12:30-1:30 - Room 2206 – Shasta College
- Who? Presenter Jake Kelfer is a nationally recognized lifestyle entrepreneur and bestselling author