2002 Bond Measure A

Bond Measure A was approved by the voters of the Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District on March 5, 2002, authorizing $34 million in general obligation bonds for capital improvements. The main focus of Measure A was to build additional campus locations to serve students in our over 10,000 square mile district.  We accomplished this task by utilizing 90% of Measure A funds for the construction of our Health Sciences and University Center in downtown Redding, our Tehama Campus in Red Bluff, and our Trinity Campus in Weaverville.  The remaining 10% of funds were used for much needed replacements and upgrades on our main campus. 

Through additional fundraising and prudent fiscal management of the bond proceeds, the initial $34 million of Measure A funds resulted in $38.5 million in completed projects.  Although all bond proceeds were expended with completion of the final project in 2012, the district continues to monitor financial markets in order to save taxpayer dollars.  In 2012 and 2014, the bonds were refunded, resulting in interest savings of approximately $2.75 million.  For the 2015-2016 tax year, Measure A cost property owners $5.10 annually per $100,000 of assessed (not market) value of their property.

On behalf our Governing Board, staff, and students, thank you for supporting Bond Measure A.