Shasta College Online - Faculty/Staff Resources
By clicking on the link above, you will gain access to tips that are meant to help ensure student success in online/hybrid classes by providing examples of how to maintain regular, effective, and substantive contact.
Portable Multimedia Production Studio Coming Soon!
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017, LIC, 1 - 3 pm for drop in hours. Have a question? Want time to work on your course?
- Just added! Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM in the CELT, we will conduct a special Break-Out session in which we will discuss TurnItIn Authenticity Checker.
- Thursday, January 12, 2017, LIC, 8:30 - 1 pm for workshop sessions.
- Canvas Gradebook webinar, Thursday, February 2, 2017, 11 am. See flyer for more information.
Need help now? You are welcome to set up a one-on-one appointment with Paul and Brianne. If you would like an appointment or to suggest workshops send an email to:
These suggestions will assist students as they launch into your course:
- Incorporate the Canvas Student Orientation into your first week's activities.
- Show students the link to the skills for Online Success link in your course menu.
- Create video messages to start the course or each module.
- Include a syllabus quiz in the first week activities to help ensure student understanding of the course content.
If you are interested in including any of these in your course(s) but are not sure how, contact Paul and Brianne.