- Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Write (OpenOffice) or another word processing program capable of saving files in RTF (Rich Text Format).
- Web Browser -- Firefox is highly recommended and preferred for all Shasta College Online - Moodle students (to download and install click link below), however, Google Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher versions (these are free downloadable programs) are some other alternatives - If you plan on using a browser supplied by your Internet service provider (for example, AOL or WebTV) make sure it is the most recent version. We cannot guarantee that all course features will function in all browsers. Firefox is the best solution to accessing your course material online.
- E-mail software or a Web browser capable of supporting e-mail activity, including sending/receiving attached files. You can obtain a free gmail account at Google.com or a yahoo email at Yahoo.com
- Your course may require special (free) plug-ins to access streaming media, PDF files, or other web components - many of the links to the free viewers are listed below.
- Antivirus software is highly recommended.
Download and install the following software if they (or comparable alternatives) are not already configured on your computer:
Visit the plug-ins test page to see what you might be missing: http://browsertuneup.pearsoncmg.com/browser_tuneup.html
Visit the Microsoft.com website to download "free" viewers for the Microsoft products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint): http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/office-online-file-converters-and-viewers-HA001044981.aspx