Shasta College offers a large and diverse selection of online classes to thousands of students every term. We are committed to the success of our online learning students.
Our online courses are delivered using Moodle and in three different delivery methods, please refer to our current class schedule for more information regarding each section:
- online: Class content, activities, and interaction are fully online. Some instructors may include on-campus orientation, student conferences, or other on-campus events.
- hybrid: Class meets face to face for some number of instructional hours. However, some portion of instructional hours is scheduled to be replaced with online hours.
- web-enhanced: Any class which meets face-to-face for the full number of instructional hours AND utilizes the internet to augment course materials is a web enhanced course. No class hours are scheduled to be replaced by online time.
- Courses will become active on the official first day of class, as listed in the schedule of classes.
- User accounts will be created and loaded into courses one (1) week prior to the beginning of each term.
- After that time, accounts are automatically created for you when you officially register for a course at Shasta College, accounts are imported into the system four (4) times per day.
- New accounts may take up to a full working day to become active.
- Waitlisted students will not have access to a course unless they are moved from the waitlist and are "officially enrolled". Waitlist Information Link
- If you are unsure of your USER ID, select the following link to obtain this information from the system: https://myshasta1.shastacollege.edu/
- All student accounts will use their six digit birth date as their Temporary Password to log in: (for example March 05, 1972 would become 030572)
- It is strongly suggested that all students change their password upon first log in.
- For assistance logging into your online account, contact our 24/7 Online Course Helpdesk at 1-866-213-7838 or visit them online by selecting the following link: http://bbcrm.edusupportcenter.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8068 - you will need to know your Student ID for assistance. Unsure of your Student ID - PDF tips for looking up your student ID.
This area is for accessing our learning management system (online classes) only.
If you need to access MyShasta for adding/dropping courses, please visit the following website:
State regulations regarding enrollment in online classes may limit the availability of those classes to students residing outside California. As of December 1, 2012, residents of the following states are eligible to register:
If you have questions or would like a more up-to-date listing, contact email@example.com.
For students residing in an approved state to file a complaint regarding a past or current online class, please review the Students Rights and Grievances policy and procedure at /ss_studentsrightsandgrievances.