This service provides assistance to students seeking medical diagnosis and treatment of short-term, temporary illness.
- Physician services are contracted for a specific number of days / hours each year.
- The physician is not on campus daily, and is not available to students when not on campus.
Please check the college Events Calendar or call the office to confirm day(s) of service for the week.
(Physician services are not available during winter and spring breaks or summer session)
We have a limited scope of practice for physician services and do not function like the typical doctor's office. Community referrals must be made with conditions requiring ongoing medication and treatment follow-up. Our office will assist in the referral process as much as possible.
The office stocks a limited formulary of prescription medications to treat common, uncomplicated respiratory, ear / nose / throat, eye, and skin ailments. Only the physician can dispense these medications, which are available to the student at no cost. If our formulary does not contain the medication indicated for a condition, a prescription may be written, and filled at the student's expense.
. At times, diagnostics such as X-rays, lab work or other medical tests may be indicated, as well as referral to another community provider / specialist. The student is responsible for costs associated with services rendered outside our office.
Remember to bring your student ID number!
- Appointments are usually 15 minutes in length.
- Our scope of service prohibits us from treating chronic conditions beyond 4 appointments and pregnant women.
- "Walk-ins" are accepted only if time allows
- Students arriving more than 15 minutes late for an appointment may be re-scheduled for another day or seen as a "walk-in" if time allows.
- Please call if you need to re-schedule an appointment so we can offer the appointment time to someone else.
Please call the Student Health & Wellness office at (530) 242-7580 to schedule an appointment.