The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize and encourage the academic achievement of 2 year college students; provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in Phi Theta Kappa. Must have completed 12 units and have cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher to join. Cost is $90.001.
Members of Phi Theta Kappa may apply for more than $36 million in transfer scholarships, provided exclusively to Society members by more than 600 senior institutions.
For a comprehensive list of benefits and to learn more about what Phi Theta Kappa has to offer, please visit the international Phi Theta Kappa website at www.ptk.org.
1Some programs may be available to reimburse this fee in full or in part, please check with the Chapter Advisor or Chapter President for details.
To submit your application to the Office of the Dean of Students:
- Bring a completed Phi Theta Kappa Beta Mu Mu New Member Application into the Shasta College Office of the Dean of Students in Room 2308
- The Office of the Dean of Students will verify your qualifications for membership.
- Once verified, pay your membership fee at the Business Office, located in the Administration Building, the 100 building.
- Return your application and receipt of payment to the Office of the Dean of Students.
Your application will then be processed.
Please allow 3-5 weeks before you recieve information regarding your membership, membership number and benefits.
To Apply Online
- Each semester the Office of the Dean of Students and emails and invitation to membership to enrolled students who meet PTK's qualifications for membership.
- These students are assigned an online registration number.
- If you haven't received an invitation to membership and believe you qualify to be a PTK member, contact the Office of the Dean of Students (Heidi Dias, 242-7623 or email@example.com).
- Once you have received your online registration passcode, go to www.ptk.org. Select 'Become a Member'. Enter your passcode where indicated. You may pay online.
- Please allow 1 week before you receive information regarding your membership, membership number and benefits.
December 3, 2014
6:00-8:00pm, Student Center Stage
Once you become a member you will be invited to the annual Induction Ceremony where you will be formally recognized as a PTK member, meet other PTK members, learn more about PTK and the Beta Mu Mu chapter at Shasta College, and be honored before various staff, faculty and students.
Phi Theta Kappa - Beta Mu Mu Chapter
April 24, 2009