The purpose of the Shasta College Student Senate (SCSS) is to represent the students of Shasta College; to provide a vehicle for shared governance, student input, and participation in the affairs and activities of Shasta College as provided by the Educational Code of the State of California. The Student Senate functions for the good of the students to promote concerns and policies pertaining to the students of Shasta College and to encourage student development and leadership.
Student Senate meetings are held weekly on Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the Student Center (Cafeteria) Stage. Meetings are open to the public and all Shasta College students are encouraged to attend.
STUDENT SENATE MISSION STATEMENT
- We will share a common commitment, a sense of purpose, and obtainable goals and objectives.
- We will respect and honor the expertise of each member and our advisors.
- We will celebrate the individual achievements of each member.
- We will focus on issues important to the student body of Shasta College and not our individual differences and personalities.
- We will show the utmost respect for the administration, faculty, and staff of Shasta College.
- We will practice openness unless confidentiality is important.
- We will be good listeners and accept both positive feedback and legitimate criticism with the grace it deserves.
- We will take the necessary time to reach important decisions.
- We will complete assignments and come to decisions in a timely manner.
- We will require nurturing, building, and maintenance due to continued changes in priorities, issues, and the environment.
- We will strive to be examples of academic success, personal integrity, and humanity, with the hope that our example will help to positively impact Shasta College and our communities.