Shasta College is one of the leading institutions that is a part of the largest community college system in the world. Our college offers students the ability to earn certificates, associate degrees and transferable lower division courses to four-year colleges and universities. Many international students come to Shasta College because we offer a friendly, safe and supportive place to study and learn.
These web pages are specifically set up for international students who hold or plan to apply for a F-1 Visa. If you are an immigrant student, a permanent resident, or in another Visa category such as B, J, H or other, please contact our Admissions Office for additional information and assistance.
Find out what Shasta College has to offer you by clicking on our new International Student Brochure below:
International Student Brochure.pdf
To promote, coordinate and conduct outreach and recruitment efforts to bring international students from all regions of the world to Shasta College and to promote a supportive, informative, friendly and safe environment conducive to study and to help these students become familiar with campus programs and services, and the tri-county community.
- Transfer Center that offers a huge selection of university transfer majors
- Excellent transfer rate to highly selective universities
- Inexpensive tuition and campus fees
- Friendly, helpful staff and international student counselor
- Instruction from acclaimed faculty, not teaching assistants
- Nationally accredited with small class size and personal attention
- Excellent English as a Second Language classes
- Student activities and intercollegiate sports
- Campus sponsored events
- Intercultural Club
- Beautiful campus setting with nearby access to mountain and recreational areas
- Selective four year college courses offered through the Shasta College University Center
- Dormitories located on campus for student living
- Shasta College is a public institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and other accreditation agencies. Educational Institutions such as California State University and University of California systems, Simpson University and other accredited colleges and universities also give full credit for equivalent courses taken at Shasta College.
Shasta College is on a semester system: Fall (August), and Spring (January). Students can be admitted for either the fall or spring semesters. A wide range of programs and courses are offered during the day, evening and weekends. The courses are equivalent to the first two years of four-year degree programs. The International Students office is created specifically to provide programs and services to ensure a successful educational and personal experience among our international students and to promote cross-cultural understanding. The staff is dedicated to helping students make the most of their experience at Shasta College and in the United States.
We are pleased that you are interested in attending Shasta College. Please use this web site to find out more about our college and all that we have to offer. Let us know if you have any questions. We'd like to see you soon at Shasta College.
11555 Old Oregon Trail
P.O. Box 496006
Redding, California 96049-6006
Phone: (+001) 530-242-7539
Fax (+001) 530-225-4995