Follow these easy steps to enjoy priority enrollment:
- Apply to Shasta College
- CLICK HERE to complete a Shasta College Application for Admission. Please allow 24 hours to process your application and to receive a Shasta College student ID number. You will need this to schedule Assessment, Orientation, or Counseling appointments.
- If you have previously applied at Shasta College, you DO NOT need to submit a new application. You can update your information on MyShasta or at Admissions and Records.
- Apply for Financial Aid (Optional)
- Request Transcripts
Arrange to have official transcripts from high school and previous college work sent to Shasta College. These are important for counseling and program planning. You may bring unofficial transcripts to your initial counseling appointment.
- Complete New Student Orientation
A supplemental orientation may be required for student participants in the Athletic, EOPS, DSPS, or Puente programs. Please check with each program for specific information.
- Take Assessment
Unless exempted, all students must complete this step to maintain priority enrollment. Please CLICK HERE to review the exemption criteria.
To ensure a conducive testing environment, assessments are scheduled by appointment.
Studying for this assessment could save you time and money. CLICK HERE for test preparation materials.
In order to take the assessment, you must bring a valid photo ID.
- NEW: Schedule your Assessment Test Appointment Online HERE.
- Need help finding your New Student ID number? CLICK HERE.
- Meet with a Counselor (Education Plan)
In order to receive priority enrollment, new students must obtain a preliminary education plan.
To maintain priority enrollment, students must develop a comprehensive education plan prior to the end of the third (3rd) semester of enrollment or after completing fifteen (15) semester units of degree applicable course work.
You must bring a copy of your assessment scores and unofficial transcripts to counseling appointments.
Students who are veterans or who are participating in EOPS, DSPS, CalWORKs or Athletics should work with program area counselors to complete their preliminary and comprehensive education plans.
- Register for Classes
You will receive your registration date/time when you have completed all of the required steps above. Upon completion of your counseling appointment, please visit the Transfer Center on the Main Campus or visit the front office of your local extended education campus to receive your registration date and time.
Once you have been assigned a registration date and time, you may confirm this information in MyShasta under “My Registration Dates”.
- To complete registration, Log on to MyShasta to search and register for classes.
- Need help finding your USER ID number? CLICK HERE.
Payment is due at the time of registration. To make a payment online visit MyShasta, login and click on the "Make a Payment" link. If you prefer, you may pay in person at Admissions and Records, at the Business Office, or at your local extended education campus.
It is the student’s responsibility to confirm course registration, monitor waitlists, withdraw by the deadline(s) and pay fees as required.