​Residency Information

In accordance with California State laws, Residence classifications are determined through a review of the information you provide in the residence portion of your admissions application. If your residency status is determined as "out of state" or "pending", your cost of attendance will increase significantly. Visit our Fees page to find out more about out of state fees.

​​I have been classified as a 'non-California' resident, what are my options?
If the Admissions & Records office has determined you are not a California Resident, please review the questions below to determine if you are eligible to apply for a different residency status. Changing your residency status can greatly reduce your cost of attendance.
  • I have attended a combination of California High School, Adult School, & Community College for the  equivalent of 3 years or more.
  • I have graduated or will graduate with a California High School Diploma or have the equivalent (CA      issued GED, CHSPE etc.)
If you answered yes to both of these questions - Click AB540 on the left side menu
If you answered no to any of these questions - Click California Residency on the left side menu

​​​Out of State Residents / Foreign Country Residents taking  ONLY online coursework
Out of state enrollments are monitored during normal enrollment periods. When an out-of-state student enrolls in an online course and no other courses where on-site participation is required, it will be presumed that the student does not have a physical presence in California. College staff will review regulations for the state where the student maintains a physical presence. If the state laws where the student resides prohibit online enrollments at the College, the student will be notified and un-enrolled. ​.