Military Records and Transcripts 

The Department of Veterans Affairs requires an evaluation of all military educational training and experience for applicability to your current education program. Credit is granted based on recommendations provided by the American Council on Education (ACE).
To access the Ace Military Guide visit

JST is the Joint Services Transcript that replaced the Coast Guard Institute Transcript, the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) and the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART). JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member's military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.

Who is eligible for a JST ?

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans
How do I request to have my official JST sent to a school? How much does it cost?        
  1. Register for a JST account.
  2. Click on the 'Transcripts' tab at the top of the page, then click the 'Official Transcript Request' tab.
  3. Type in the institution name or any part of the name and click 'search' or hit the enter key.
    (Hint: the more unique the search the easier it will be to find in the results list.) For example instead of typing in the 'Some Name University' you could type in 'Some Name'. You may need to scroll through the entire list to ensure you have the correct location.
    Do not use any punctuation when typing in the name of an institute.
    If you receive 'no matches found' try using a smaller part of the name.
    In the event your school is not listed, please have your school representative contact and request their school be added.

For more information and to request records, visit: Joint Services Transcript.

To request copies of Military Records, use the Request Pertaining to Military Records.