Shasta College students have the opportunity to visit various 4-year colleges and universities through our university tours. These trips are typically one-day in length, leaving early in the morning and returning early evening the same day. Transportation is provided by Shasta College bus. These tours typically include an admissions presentation, a financial aid presentation, a tour of the campus, and a question-and-answer session. These trips are free for Shasta College students. Students can sign up in the Transfer Center to attend these trips. Please sign up no later than the deadline to reserve your seat, as these trips do
Spring 2017 Field Trip Schedule
|Steps to College- Consulate General of Mexico in Sacramento
||Saturday, February 4th
||Thursday, February 2nd|
|UC Davis- Discover Davis Day
||Friday, February 24th
||Wednesday, February 22nd|
|Humboldt State University-
|Friday, March 24th
||Wednesday, March 22nd|
|Southern Oregon University-
|Friday, April 7th
||Wednesday, April 5th|
||Friday, April 21st
||Wednesday, April 19th|
|San Francisco State University
||Friday, April 28th
||Wednesday, April 26th|
Due to District Policy, tour participants must be:
- Admitted and enrolled Shasta College Students
- District faculty, staff, or management. Friends or family members of students are not allowed on the bus but are free to meet you at the campus, unless it is a special circumstance.
Students requiring ADA accommodations:
- All Shasta College students are welcomed to attend a tour!
- We ask that you provide us with reasonable and adequate time (2 weeks notice) to arrange accommodations:
- to request an ADA accommodating bus
- to notify the university campus tours office so that they can assist in providing accommodations
In order to sign up, all students must fill-out:
- Field Trip Registration Form
- Student Field Trip Notice Waiver Form
- An emergency contact
- Tours typically last 1-1 1/2 hours and depending on the campus, may involve stairs or hills, so bring good (ergonomically correct) walking shoes.
- If the field trip is a preplanned event, such as a preview day, the day will be longer than a regular tour.
- Pay attention to the weather and plan accordingly.
- Bring a sack lunch or money for lunch. If you are part of TRiO or EOPS you will get money to help pay for your lunch.
- After signing up, check your email for an itinerary and more information about the field trip.
If you have further questions call the Transfer Center @ 530-242-7570
Virtual tour websites typically feature 360° x 360° virtual campus tours of hundreds of college campuses. Each campus tour allows you to see what college life is really like through unique panoramic photographs. If you like what you see you should visit the colleges’ website and see if they have your major. Then make an appointment with a Shasta College counselor to discuss the transfer process.
Plan Your Own Tour!