California Private and Out-of-State

Students that are unsure of their school of transfer should explore schools that are in California and outside of California as well as public and private schools.  However, there are hundreds of other schools that you should research before deciding on which school is the best fit for you.  Be sure to meet with a Shasta College counselor to discuss admissons requirements for these schools as they tend to vary by school.  Ask your counselor about Articulation Agreements with these schools.  These are formal agreements between Shasta College and the four-year school that states which courses taken here will be accepted as comparable coursework at the four-year school.

Below you will see a list of the California Private and Out-of-State colleges and universities that Shasta College has worked with most closely in the past few years.

California Private

California Private
Simpson University, Redding 
National University, Redding  


Southern Oregon University* and Oregon Institute of Technology* offer Student Reciprocity Exchange Permits for Shasta College students.  These reciprocity programs allow qualified California residents to be eligible to pay in-state Oregon fees instead of the higher out-of-state fees as a non-resident.  Please talk with a Shasta College counselor to find out if you meet the reciprocity requirements.

Oregon State University and University of Nevada have established articulation with Shasta College.  For additional information regarding articulation with these or other institutions, please talk with a Shasta College Counselor.

Out of State
Southern Oregon University*, Ashland, Oregon 
Oregon Institute of Technology*, Klamath Falls, Oregon 
Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon  
University of Nevada, Reno

Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE)

Students who are residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming are eligible to request a reduced tuition rate of 150% of resident tuition at participating two- and four-year college programs outside of their home state. The reduced tuition rate is not automatically awarded to all eligible candidates. Many institutions limit the number of new awards each academic year, so apply early. For more information and a list of participating WUE institutions please visit

Exploration Tools

Exploration Tools
Search nationwide both public and private schools 
Search nationwide both public and private schools  
Search California private schools only