Our Financial Aid Team strives to provide you accurate information; through our web pages and your student "My Shasta" account, timely processing and valuable resources that contribute to your success at Shasta College.
Connie Barton - Director of Financial Aid
Your feedback is important.
It will assist us to provide the right information for your success.
7/17/14 - NEW HigherOne Shasta College Cards
Students who have a 14-15 FAFSA on file with Shasta College and are enrolled for Fall 2014, the HigherOne Shasta College Card will be mailed around the first week of August.
You will receive an email from HigherOne once the card is on its way to you! REMEMBER TO ACTIVATE YOUR CARD!
5/22/14: 2014-15 Cal-Grant Award Information
Awards will be posted to the Financial Aid Award Letter in September, once we receive information from the State.
4/10/14: Would you like to be processed for Summer?
- Register for Summer classes using the 14-15 BOGFW
- Print and submit your Class Schedule to Financial Aid
- Make sure we have a 13-14 FAFSA on file and you have completed and submitted the paperwork for processing
- Once Spring 2014 Grades are posted we will start processing summer eligibility
We will evaluate your 13-14 FAFSA application to see if you have eligibility for grant funding for Summer.
1/1/14: 2014-15 FAFSA
It's time to file your FAFSA for the 2014-15 academic year, START NOW!
Do you live in or near Red Bluff, Weaverville or Burney?
Unable to make it to Redding?
Need to talk to Financial Aid about your personal information?
How ASKFA Works
Go to the Tehama, Trinity or Intermountain campus on
Tuesday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm, or Friday:10:00am - 12:00pm
- Request to speak with Financial Aid.
- Provide your picture ID to the campus personal.
- They will notify our office and we will contact you while you are at their campus.
During this call, we can discuss all aspects of Financial Aid including file status, payment status or personal information as if you were in our office!
Try ASKFA TODAY!
Financial Aid Processing
We process by "Received" date order. While we notify you with an email as to when to check your student "My Shasta" account; you can follow our progress below:
The date we are currently processing:
2014-2015 Paperwork Received: 6/24/14
2013-2014 Paperwork Received: Current Date
Estimated Processing Timeframes
|March 1 - April 30
||2 to 3 weeks|
|May 1 - June 30
||3 to 5 weeks|
|July 1 - October 30
||6 to 8 weeks|
|November 1 - December 31
||3 to 5 weeks|
|January 1 - February 28
||2 to 4 weeks|
January 1st the NEW FAFSA is available
APPLY for the next academic year
A Valid Photo ID & Student ID number are REQUIRED.
We cannot use your Social Security Number to look up information in the office, through email or over the phone.
Complete the FAFSA application:
Register for a PIN to sign your FAFSA electronically:
NSLDS for Students:
California Student Aid Commission:
WebGrants for Students:
Cal-Grant Account Login
Federal Student Financial Assistance:
Este sitio Web le darà informaciòn sobre ayuda financier en espanñol.
Haga clic en el siguiente icono para accede a esta pàgina Web:
What is Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is made available by federal and state governments and private sources in the form of grants, scholarships, loans and Work-Study.
The basis for such assistance is the belief that students (and the parents of dependent students) have the primary responsibility in meeting educational costs.
Financial Aid is intended to help fill the gap between the student / families EFC (Expected Family Contribution) and the cost of attending college for the academic year.
Financial Aid Office Mission:
The Mission of the Financial Aid Office is to increase the number of students receiving financial assistance, which will contribute to the successful completion of their academic goals.
Service Area Outcome:
1. At least 80% of all students surveyed will be satisfied with operations in the Financial Aid Department.
Student Support Learning Outcomes:
1. Students utilizing the walk-in service will be able to express satisfaction in obtaining the requested information and for the services received.
2. Students will be able to adhere to deadlines and accurately complete all necessary forms for financial aid using technology. This learning outcome will be demonstrated through the federal work study program. This learning outcome will be applied to the overall financial aid process.
3. Students will be able to adhere to deadlines and accurately complete all necessary forms for financial aid using technology. This learning outcome will be demonstrated