10/30/15 Please click the following link for more
information on CFPB Sues Company Over Student Aid Scam.pdf
10/12/15 - Have your circumstances changed?
We are now taking Unusual Circumstance
Appeals. The unusual circumstance appeal will allow us to re-evaluate your
file using current information /income rather than 2014 information/ income.
For more information on this process click
"Appeal Forms" on our menu and scroll to the
bottom of the webpage.
New State Grant available to
full-time Cal-Grant B eligible students!
The Full Time Student Success Grant (FTSSG)
is a new state grant that will be awarded to all students who are certified
eligible for Cal-grant B by Shasta College.
The maximum award amount is $600.00 ($300. per
semester). Keep an eye on your award letter to see if you are eligible. The
first disbursement of this grant will be early October 2015!
6/1/15 - Breach of Taxpayer Data at IRS
Click here for information on the Breach of Taxpayer Data at IRS webpage.
5/1/15 - New way to sign your FAFSA
Click Create FSA ID for more information on
Do you live near Red Bluff, Weaverville or Burney?
Unable to make it to the Redding Main Campus?
Need to talk to Financial Aid about your personal information?
TRY ASK FA
Go to: Tehama, Trinity or
How ASK FA Works:
Request to speak with Financial Aid
Provide your picture ID to the campus personal
They will notify our office and we will contact you while you are at their campus
Days & Times:
Tuesday: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
During this call, we can discuss all aspects of Financial Aid. Including file status, payment status or personal information; as if you were in our office!
Monday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Wednesday - Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Normal Phone Hours:
Monday - 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Wednesday - Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Email Response Times:
Monday - Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Expect an email response within approximately 48 business hours. Be sure to approve email@example.com as a "safe sender" in your email account settings.
Redding Main Campus, Administration Building 100, Room 108
Our Mailing Address:
Shasta College Financial Aid Office
PO Box 496006
Redding CA 96049
What if I earned a
Bachelors (BA) and returning to Shasta College?
Once you have
completed a BA:
- You may apply for and receive the Board of Governors
Fee Waiver if eligible
- You are not eligible to receive a Pell or to borrow a
Subsidized Direct Student Loan
- See the Financial Aid Student
Loans webpage regarding borrowing limits for
Unsubsidized Direct Loans
- Complete the "Request for
Consideration" form available under "Forms" on
the student loan webpage and submit it with required loan
documents available on the Student
What is Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is made available by federal and state governments and private sources in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, and Work-Study.
The basis for such assistance is the belief that students (and the parents of dependent students) have the primary responsibility in meeting educational costs.
Financial Aid is intended to help fill the gap between the student's/family's EFC (Expected Family Contribution) and the cost of attending college for the academic year.
Financial Aid Office Mission:
The Mission of the Financial Aid Office is to increase the number of students receiving financial assistance, which will contribute to the successful completion of their academic goals.
Service Area Outcome:
1. At least 80% of all students surveyed will be satisfied with operations in the Financial Aid Department.
Student Support Learning Outcomes:
1. Students utilizing the walk-in service will be able to express satisfaction in obtaining the requested information and for the services received.
2. Students will be able to adhere to deadlines and accurately complete all necessary forms for financial aid using technology. This learning outcome will be demonstrated through the federal work study program. This learning outcome will be applied to the overall financial aid process.
3. Students will be able to adhere to deadlines and accurately complete all necessary forms for financial aid using technology. This learning outcome will be demonstrated