Financial Aid Office Mission
The Mission of the Financial Aid Office is to increase the number of students receiving financial assistance, which will contribute to the successful completion of their academic goals.
What is Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is made available by federal and state governments and private sources in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study.
The basis for such assistance is the belief that students (and the parents of dependent students) have the primary responsibility in meeting educational costs.
Financial Aid is intended to help fill the gap between the student's/family's Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and the cost of attending college for the academic year.
The Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver is changing! Please visit our BOG Fee Waiver page for more information regarding the changes and how they could affect you!
We have partnered with ECMC Solutions for students to
receive free loan counseling. Please call them for any questions in regards to
repayment options, your loan status, etc… at 1-877-331-3262.
4/25/16 - Looking for additional financial resources? Check out these great options!
- If you are a Northern California resident and are looking for additional services that can assist you and
your family, check out 2-1-1 Norcal!
- Be sure to visit the Shasta College Financial Literacy page for more information on budgeting, money management skills AND an additional scholarship opportunity through icanaffordcollege.com!
Stay updated on what is going on in the Financial Aid office at Shasta College, as well as what you should be doing for your financial aid process!
3/15/16 - Attending Summer? Need Financial Aid?
If you plan to attend Summer 2016, you must:
- Complete the 2016-17 Bog Fee Waiver
- Register for Summer Classes
- Submit the 2015-16 FAFSA (if you do not have one on file with Shasta College)
- Submit a copy of your class schedule or registration to the Financial Aid Office in person or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will process your file for summer eligibility and contact you by email.
Financial Aid Processing
We process by "Received" date order. Please note: We post the “Received” date that our technicians have begun processing. This does not indicate that every file for a prior date is completely processed.
Each student will receive an email notification as soon as there is an update on their processing and updates will be posted to the "My Forms START Here" link through My Shasta.
Current Processing Date
2015-2016 FAFSAs: Current
2016-2017 FAFSAs: May 16th
SUBMIT YOUR 2016-2017