Financial Aid and Veterans Services
Click Here to Submit Feedback
Your feedback is important. It will assist us in providing the right information for your success.
Financial Aid Processing
We process by "Received" date order.
Please note: We post the “Received” date that our technicians have begun processing. This does not indicate that every file for a prior date is completely processed. Because we have a number of technicians, some of them may still be finishing files for a prior date.
Each student will receive an email notification as soon as there is an update on their processing. All updates will also be posted to the students "My Forms" screen in their My Shasta account.
Current Processing Received Date:
2015-2016 Paperwork: 7/27/15
Estimated Processing Timeframes
|March 1 - April 30
||2 to 3 weeks|
|May 1 - June 30
||3 to 5 weeks|
|July 1 - October 31
||6 to 8 weeks|
|November 1 - December 31
||3 to 5 weeks|
|January 1 - February 28 /29
||2 to 4 weeks|
January 1st the NEW FAFSA is available
APPLY for the next academic year
Do you live near Red Bluff, Weaverville or Burney?
Unable to make it to the Redding Main Campus?
Need to talk to Financial Aid about your personal information?
TRY ASK FA
Go to: Tehama, Trinity or
How ASK FA Works:
- Request to speak with Financial Aid
- Provide your picture ID to the campus personal
- They will notify our office and we will contact you while you are at their campus
Days & Times:
Tuesday: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
During this call, we can discuss all aspects of Financial Aid. Including file status, payment status or personal information; as if you were in our office!
Monday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Normal Phone Hours:
Monday - 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday - Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Email Response Times:
Monday - Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Expect an email response within approximately 48 business hours. Be sure to approve email@example.com as a "safe sender" in your email account settings.
Redding Main Campus, Administration Building 100, Room 108
Our Mailing Address:
Shasta College Financial Aid Office
PO Box 496006
Redding CA 96049
A Photo ID and Student ID number are REQUIRED when requesting personal information during your visit to our office.
Specific information can only be discussed with the student.
Complete the FAFSA Application
Cal-Grant General Information
Phone Issues - 530 242 7700:
We are experiencing difficulties with our phone system. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
6/1/15 - Breach of Taxpayer Data at IRSClick here for information on the Breach of Taxpayer Data at IRS webpage.
5/1/15 - New way to sign your FAFSA application.
What if I earned a Bachelors (BA) and returning to Shasta
Once you have
completed a BA:
- You may apply for and receive
the Board of Governors Fee Waiver if eligible
- You are not eligible to receive
a Pell or to borrow a Subsidized Direct Student Loan
- See the Financial Aid Student
Loans webpage regarding borrowing limits for
Unsubsidized Direct Loans
- Complete the "Request
for Consideration" form available under "Forms" on
the student loan webpage and submit it with required loan
documents available on the Student
What is Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is made available by federal and state governments and private sources in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, and Work-Study.
The basis for such assistance is the belief that students (and the parents of dependent students) have the primary responsibility in meeting educational costs.
Financial Aid is intended to help fill the gap between the student's/family's EFC (Expected Family Contribution) and the cost of attending college for the academic year.
Financial Aid Office Mission:
The Mission of the Financial Aid Office is to increase the number of students receiving financial assistance, which will contribute to the successful completion of their academic goals.
Service Area Outcome:
1. At least 80% of all students surveyed will be satisfied with operations in the Financial Aid Department.
Student Support Learning Outcomes:
1. Students utilizing the walk-in service will be able to express satisfaction in obtaining the requested information and for the services received.
2. Students will be able to adhere to deadlines and accurately complete all necessary forms for financial aid using technology. This learning outcome will be demonstrated through the federal work study program. This learning outcome will be applied to the overall financial aid process.
3. Students will be able to adhere to deadlines and accurately complete all necessary forms for financial aid using technology. This learning outcome will be demonstrated