Fall 2016 Application Period
- CLOSED for students who WILL NOT ATTEND Shasta College Spring 2017
Students who WILL ATTEND Shasta College Spring 2017 may still complete our application process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Important Links for the Following Students:
How do I Apply?
Have you submitted a FAFSA? Prior to applying for a loan, make sure that you have
completed your FAFSA for the current academic year and your Financial Aid has been processed by Shasta College. If you have not completed the FAFSA visit the Applying for Financial Aid page for information.
New borrowers: As of July 1, 2013 first-time borrowers are subject to time limitation eligibility and loss of interest subsidy on Direct Subsidized Loans. Click here for more information. New borrowers are required to complete additional steps. You are a new borrower if: you have never received a federal student loan OR you have a zero balance on previous loans.
Submitting Student Loan Forms:
- Electronically sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov.
- Submit a copy of your Complete Education Plan. Your education plan must be current and complete. This includes all prior coursework from all prior colleges (whether transferable or not) and planned units needed to complete your educational goal at Shasta College. A complete education plan can be obtained by making an appointment with the Career and Transfer Center at 530.242.7724.
- Print and complete 16-17 Form LB. Loan limits can be found here.
- New borrowers only - Complete Direct Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling at
- New borrowers only - Print and complete 16-17 Form NBEQ
- DO NOT mail, fax, email, use the night drop box, or send your loan forms with another person. They WILL NOT be processed and will be returned to you by mail, which will delay your loan processing. Additionally, incomplete loan documents or altered forms will not be accepted.
- Bring your valid Driver's License or valid government issued picture ID. Shasta College must retain a copy to keep with your loan documents.
- Submit forms in person to:
- Financial Aid Office, Redding Main Campus
- Tehama Campus, Red Bluff
- Trinity Campus, Weaverville
- Intermountain Campus, Burney
- Fall 2016 Application Period Deadline: 10/31/16
- Spring 2017 Application Period Deadline: 4/1/17
I've applied for a loan. What now?
- If your financial aid has been fully processed, it will be an additional 2-4 weeks for loan processing. Loan processing cannot be completed until your financial aid processing is complete.
- The Loan Processor will communicate with you via email, your MyShasta Account, and postal mail.
- If approved, loan amounts will be added to your Financial Aid Award Letter. An award letter with your specific disbursement dates will be mailed to you. By law, the soonest a loan can be disbursed is 30 days after the semester begins.
- If you have questions regarding your loan contact the Loan Processor, Barbara at 530.242.7702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you leaving Shasta College?
- Complete Loan Exit Counseling. Exit counseling is required if you are graduating, transferring, or withdrawing. To complete exit counseling go to www.studentloans.gov and be sure Shasta College is selected as the college to receive electronic confirmation that you have completed your exit counseling.
- Start repaying your student loan. The federal government provides a range of flexible repayment options for Direct Student Loan recipients. For more information on loan repayment and your options visit this page.
- Don't default on your student loans! If you are concerned, there are resources specifically for Shasta College students provided free of charge. Solutions at ECMC is a non-profit service dedicated to helping students manage educational loans. To contact an Advisor, email or web chat, or call them at 1.877.331.3262.