If you already paid your enrollment fees and then receive the BOGFW, a refund will be processed through the Admissions and Records Office. Call 530.242.7650 for more information.
CCCApply Website Maintenance:
April 14, 2017 Maintenance Information
Apply for the BOGFW:
- Apply for the BOGFW Online at: OpenCCC-BOG Application
- Select the 2016-17 Application for: Summer 2016, Fall 2016 & Spring 2017
- Select the 2017-18 Application for: Summer 2017, Fall 2017, & Spring 2018
- BOGFW application processing will take 1-4 hours once our office receives the application
- Students who submit their application after 4:00pm on Friday will be processed Monday morning.
BOGFW Income Thresholds:
||Base Year Income|
Loss of BOGFW Regulation Effective Fall 2016
Effective Fall 2016, California Community College students receiving the BOG Fee Waiver must meet minimum academic and progress standards to remain eligible for the BOG Fee Waiver.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Successfully complete at least 50% of all units attempted
- If a student is placed on "Academic" or "Progress Probation" through Admissions and Records for two consecutive primary terms, the student will lose eligibility for the BOGFW.
- The student could also lose enrollment priority through Admissions and Records if the cumulative GPA falls below 2.0 for two consecutive primary terms.
- Students who lose BOGFW eligibility will have an opportunity to regain eligibility by meeting the above listed standards or through an Admissions and Records appeal process. For more information on these changes you may click the following links to view:
NOTE: Foster youth and students receiving the CAL Vet Fee Waiver are exempt from these regulations.
BOGFW Tips and Reminders:
- How will I know if I am approved for the BOGFW?
You will receive an email notification regarding your eligibility. Once your application is approved by our office the BOGFW will be posted to your Financial Aid Award Letter, viewable through your MyShasta account.
- If I qualify for the BOGFW will I be eligible for EOPS?
Possibly. The student would have to be awarded a BOGFW "1" or "2" and apply within EOPS's application period. There are other EOPS eligibility requirements. Read more at: EOPS Webpage
- What if I'm not eligible through the BOGFW application?
We recommended you submit a FAFSA. Even though you are not eligible through the BOGFW application; you may be eligible through the FAFSA. Complete the FAFSA at: https://www.fafsa.gov