California Dream Act
Contact: Alan Ulrey
Applying for the CA Dream Act:
1. Apply for Admissions at Shasta College and obtain access to your MyShasta Account.
2. Apply for the BOG Fee Waiver found at the bottom of the page.
3. Complete the California Dream Act Application. To help collect the required information on your Dream Act Application view the following:
4. Submit you final High School Transcript to the Admissions and Records Office.
5. Complete the CA Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form and submit to the Admissions and Records Office. This form can be found on the Admissions homepage- click on the Forms menu – choose AB540 Exemption Request.
6. Once your Dream Act Application has been received by Shasta College, you will receive notification via the email regarding documents required to determine your eligibility for all California State grants. The documents/forms required will also be viewable in your MyShasta Account under MyForms.
7. You will receive an email notification once your eligibility has been determined. Your award letter will be available to view in your MyShasta Account once final determination of award(s) have been confirmed.
8. Apply for scholarships at www.shastacollege.edu/fa_scholarships.
Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC)
Empowering undocumented young people in their pursuit of college, career and citizenship:
Ayuda Financiera del Estudiante en Español
Este documento proporciona la informacion sobre ayuda financiera del estudiante y becas en español.
SPECIAL NOTE: CA Dream Act vs. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
CA Dream Act is not the same program as DACA relief. DACA does not confer a new status for students and does not affect AB540 status.