Applying for the CA Dream Act:
- Complete the Dream Act
application through the above link
- Submit you final High School
Transcript to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the CA Non-Resident
Tuition Exemption Request form and submit to the Admissions and Records
Office. This form can be accessed at www.shastacollege.edu/admissions -
click on the Forms menu – choose AB540 Exemption Request.
- Once your Dream Act Application
has been received by Shasta College, you will receive notification via the USPS regarding documents needed to finalize the processing of your California grant
- Your award letter will be mailed once
final determination of award(s) has been confirmed.
Additonal paperwork may be required to finish processing your California Dream Act Application. Please check your MyShasta account to see if there are any additional forms needed.
The 2015-2016 Dream Act has been updated and enhanced to make the application easier for students to understand and for parents to sign:
- Question 23a has been added to assist students in registering for Selective Service. (The “Register Me” question is now on this application)
- Question 31 has been added to assist students in learning about loans available for CSU and UC Dream students. SB1210 California DREAM Loan Program Application help text and Student Aid Report (CalSAR) text has been clarified for greater understanding
- The parent PIN process has been streamlined
- Assembly Bill AB540 information has been updated to include the AB2000 changes
SPECIAL NOTE: CA Dream Act vs. Deferred Action (DACA) CA Dream Act is not the same program as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) relief
DACA does not confer a new status for students and does not affect AB 540 status