Unaccompanied Homeless You​th


Who should complete this verification:

Students who, as of the date the FAFSA was signed, meet one or more of the following criteria should request verification of "Unaccompanied Homeless Youth":
  • A student still enrolled in high school 
  • A student not living in the physical custody of a parent or guardian
  • The student is not living in fixed, regular, or adequate housing​
A copy of the "Unaccompanied Homeless Youth" verification letter should be submitted to the Shasta College Financial Aid Office for review.

Request verification from one of the following​ agencies:

If you attended a high school that resides outside of the counties listed below, contact the Schools' County Office of Education in which your high school resides.
  • Shasta County Office of Education Homeless Liaison; Redding CA:
    Marie Hyres 530-225-5390 or visit: http://www.shastacoe.org/

  • Shasta Union High School District Homeless Liaison; Redding CA:
    Michael O'Leary 530-241-3261 or moleary@suhsd.net  or visit: http://www.suhsd.net/

  • Gateway Unified School District; Redding CA:
    Debbie Boontjer 530-245-7929 or dboontjer@gwusd.org or visit: http://www.gateway-schools.org/

  • Good News Rescue Mission; Redding CA:
    Pastor Dave Honey 530-241-5754 or visit: http://gnrm.org/

  • Anderson Union High School Homeless Liaison; Anderson CA:
    Brant Schriner 530-365-6054 ext:1011 or visit: http://www.auhsd.net/

  • Tehama County Department of Education Homeless Liaison; Red Bluff, CA:
    Jo Kee 530-527-5811 ext:394 or visit: http://www.tehamaschools.org/

  • Siskiyou County Office of Education Homeless Liaison; Yreka, CA:
    Colette Bradley 530-842-8461 or cbradley@siskiyoucoe.net  or visit: http://siskiyoucoe.net/

  • Glenn County Department of Education Homeless Liaison; Willows, CA:
    Robin Smith 530-934-6575 ext:3176 or visit: http://www.glenncoe.org/