Financial Aid Emergency Loan
Students that are NOT eligible to apply for an Emergency Loan are:
- In "Default" status on a Federal Student Loan
- Owe a grant overpayment
- Enrolled in less than 6 units
Note: Late start classes are not considered enrolled units until they start
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) Below 2.0
- Currently attending High School or College Connection
- Have an outstanding short-term Book or EOPS Loan
- Have an "unsatisfactory repayment" status on a previous Shasta College Loan
Emergency Loan Information:
You may apply each semester
Repayment due the next disbursement or within 45 days, whichever is sooner
Covers emergency expenses related to your education
Maximum Emergency Loan: $150.00
|Emergency Loan Repayment:|
- Emergency Loans are to be repaid within 45 days or the next disbursement, whichever is sooner
- Payments can be made by cash, check or debit/credit card. Debit/Credit card payments can be made online through My Shasta. Cash and/or check payments can be made at the Shasta College Business Office or Financial Aid Office.
- A late fee of $10.00 may be assessed
- Unpaid Loans will be sent to collections. All collection fees will be the responsibility of the student.
- Once a loan has been sent to collections, the student may not recieve another short-term loan at Shasta College. Short-term loans include: Financial Aid Book loans/grants, Emergency loans and/or EOPS emergency loans.
|Processing an Emergency Loan:|
- Applications Received Monday - Tuesday by NOON:
The check will be ready for pick up Friday of the same week between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.
- Applications Received Wednesday - Friday:
The check will be ready for pick the following Friday.between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
Note: Applications turned in at Extended Education Sites (Tehama, Trinity and Intermountain) will be processed when they arrive at the Financial Aid Office. Therefore; the timeframe for processing may be longer than expected.
Applying for an Emergency Loan:
- Complete and submit the Emergency Loan Application
-- NO Longer take Fall 2016 Applications
-- Apply for Spring 2017 on or after 1/3/17, loans would be ready for pick up 1/13/16
- Submit your application one of the following ways:
>> In Person to the Shasta College Financial Aid Office, Building 100 Room 108 or take the application to the Tehama, Trinity or Intermountain Campus. They will forward to us for processing
>> Mail it to: Shasta College Financial Aid Office, PO Box 496006, Redding, CA 96049
- Funds are given on a first-come/first-serve basis
- Applications are processed in "Received" date order
>> Incomplete applications cannot be processed and must be completed and resubmitted
>> Resubmitted applications are given a new "Received" date
- Once the check is ready for pick up the Business Office will contact you by phone and/or email and a charge will be placed on your student account
Picking-Up an approved Emergency Loan:
You must be able to come to the Redding Main Campus, Business Office (Building 100, Room 105) to show photo ID and sign a promissory note between 2:00pm and 3:00pm on Friday. If you cannot make it on Friday, you may pick up the emergency loan the next week between 8:00am and 4:30pm.