Information for Students
|Grant, Loan & Scholarship funding cannot exceed the "Cost of Attendance" |
|Shasta College Scholarship applications are accepted twice per year during the approximated timeframes below.
Fall Semester: September - October
Spring Semester: January - February
The deadline for each scholarship is posted through the AcademicWorks Scholarship Portal.
- Be currently registered in at least 6 units at Shasta College.
- Have 12 college units completed** by the following dates:
Fall application period: August 1
Spring application period: January 1
- Two letters of recommendation.
Note: Paper letters of recommendation cannot be accepted. You will provide the email address of your reference and they will receive an email with instructions.
**Units from other colleges and universities: Can be counted toward the 12 unit requirement.
** High School Seniors: 12 college unit requirement DOES NOT apply to you.
Who can Apply?
- Currently enrolled Shasta College students.
- Students planning to transfer from Shasta College to another college/university.
- High school Seniors who will attend Shasta College the Fall semester after graduation from High school.
How does it work?
- Everything is done online through the AcademicWorks Scholarship Portal.
- "Sign up" or "Sign In" to an account.
- Start the "General Application". Click "Save and Keep Editing" while you work on your application.
- Click "Finish and Submit" when you're done with the "General Application".
- Check your "Applicant Record" to be sure it is correct.
- A "Recommended" page of scholarships will be generated, click "Recommended" at the top of the screen.
- Complete the "Supplemental" Questions for each scholarship.
- Wait for an award notification from firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions Links