Shasta College Offers Various Ways to apply for scholarships
Shasta College External Search Engines
Shasta College Scholarships
Shasta College scholarship application periods start and end dates:
August - October for Fall semester
Late-December or Early-January - February for Spring semester
General requirements to apply for any Shasta College scholarship:
- Registered in a minimum of 6 units
- Have completed 12 college units by the following dates:
Fall scholarships: August 18, 2015 (Other college units meet this requirement)
Spring Scholarships: January 21, 2015 (Other college units meet this requirement)
NOTE: High School Seniors do not need to meet the general requirements
Who Can Apply?
How does it work?
The electronic application process will match your completed General Application and Imported Applicant Record information to Shasta College scholarship opportunities.
These opportunities will be listed on your "Recommended" opportunities page through AcademicWorks. Click "Apply" to complete supplemental questions and to submit your application for each scholarship opportunity on your recommended page.
The General Application requires 2 references; however, some opportunities require 3 references or may require specific reference sources. An email will automatically be sent to your reference from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure you notify your reference of our process at least 3 weeks before the deadline.
- Obtain the email address of the person(s) you wish to use as a reference.
- Enter the email address and be sure it is correct.
- AcademicWorks will automatically send an email to your reference from email@example.com.
- The reference will create an account using the "Reference and Reviewer" tab and complete the electronic reference letter.
- Check the status of your request under the "Reference" tab in your AcademicWorks account.
- If you do not have the required letters of recommendation, your scholarship application cannot be considered.
If the following information is incorrect, you will not be matched to all eligible scholarship opportunities.
- You are admitted to Shasta College and have a valid student ID number.
A duplicate student ID number will prevent you from creating your account.
- You have a valid email address on file with Admissions & Records.
Do not use an email address of another present or past student, it will prevent you from creating an account.
- You have a current active Major on file with Admissions & Records.
Click Major Codes for a list of currently active majors. "My Shasta" will list the major on file with Admissions & Records, if it is not a valid active major, it will not import to the Applicant Record. This will prevent you from being matched with the correct scholarship opportunities.
- You complete the general application with accurate information and all fields are complete
- You check the Applicant Record as this information is imported from the Shasta College Database.
If incorrect information is listed correct the information with Admissions & Records..
- You check your account often as we upload changes from the Shasta College database to AcademicWorks nightly. Allow 24 - 48 hours for these changes to post.
- You contact the Scholarship Processor with any questions.
- Your application has been "Submitted" by the deadline.
Information for Students
Start the scholarship application process by SIGNING UP for an account or SIGNING IN to an existing account through the AcademicWorks scholarship application database.
Information for References:
An email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, check for this email on a desk computer, as not on a mobile devices. Check your spam or junk, if you did not receive an email either the email was blocked by your email account or the student entered an incorrect email. Have the student go to the "References" tab in their AcademicWorks account and verify the email address.
Click the References and Reviewers Tab, Enter the email address you verified with the student and create a password. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Scholarship Processor using the contact information at the top of this page.
Scholarship Deadlines - Spring 2015
|COLLEGE STUDENTS: |
Extended Deadline: March 30, 2015 by 11:59 pm
Check back for NEW and REOPENNED Scholarships after the February 15th deadline.
|HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS:|
Sunday, March 8, 2015 by 11:59 pm
NorCal RISE Scholarship:
Sunday, March 1, 2015 by 11:59 pm
An email notification will be sent from email@example.com when the selection process has been completed each semester. Log into your AcademicWorks account and review your award notifications.
Make firstname.lastname@example.org a "Safe-Sender".
|All scholarships are subject to change without notice
Payment & Thank You card Information
Fall 2014: Payment & Thank You card information is posted under each application for which you were awarded.
External Scholarship Listings
The Shasta College Financial Aid is notified by organizations in our community of scholarship opportunities for students. We provide this information as a service to our students and are not affiliated with the websites and/or links listed below. You do not need to be a Shasta College student to apply for these scholarships.
Click External Scholarship Listings to view these opportunities
Rule of Thumb: Do not pay for a scholarship, if they ask for payment it could be a scam!
AmeriCorps - National Service Award Payment Request Information
6/30/14 -Summer AmeriCorps request closed.
You may apply for Fall 2014 now.
Steps for a successful payment request:
1. Complete the FAFSA
2. Register for Classes
3. Wait for an email from Shasta College,
re: Received your FAFSA
4. Complete an online AmeriCorps Request
Click the following icon to be directed to the AmeriCorps webpage:
|Goldenstate Scholarshare Governor's Scholar Award Request Information |
Claim the Governor's Scholar Award by clicking on the following icon to be directed to the Golden State ScholarShare webpage:
Scholarship Search Engines
Scholarship Search Engines are used to apply for various external scholarship opportunities around the country. Search engines allow you to enter your information and they will match you to all opportunities for which you may apply.