Dental Hygiene Application Process
Application Filing Period – Information Session
An Application Information Session is scheduled each year for those who wish to apply for the next fall class. Applicants who attend the Application Session will be able to obtain an application packet. After this date, applicants may download the application packet or pick up a packet in person at 1400 Market Street, Suite 8204, Redding, CA 96001.
Next Application Information Session:
December 7, 2020 @ 5:30 PM*
HSUP Shasta College is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Dental Hygiene Informational Meeting
Time: Dec 7, 2020 05:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 530 339 3662
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,5303393662# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,5303393662# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 530 339 3662
Find your local number: https://shastacollege-edu.zoom.us/u/ac8nHUbJwN
*please note change of information session day
Application Filing Period: February 1-19, 2021
Completion of Application Packets
Completed packets must be hand-delivered to or sent by Certified Mail to the Admission & Records office no later than the final date of the application-filing period. As application-filing packets are submitted, each applicant will receive a receipt. Once eligibility is reviewed, notification of application status will be sent via email.
A Completed Application Packet includes all of the following:
- Shasta College Student ID Number
- Dental Hygiene Program Packet Check
- Dental Hygiene Program Application Filing form
- *Official high school transcripts showing date of graduation, completion of California High School Proficiency Examination, or verified copy of G.E.D. test results.
- Official high school transcript, copy of high school diploma, official CHSPE transcript, or G.E.D. test results are not necessary if applicant has a post-secondary degree and submits the official College Transcript showing the conferred degree. No copies of degrees, certificates, or transcripts will be accepted.
- Official Advanced Placement (AP) test score needed (only if using to satisfy a prerequisite/grad requirement course(s).
- Official transcripts of ALL colleges attended. These will be used to document the successful completion of all prerequisite courses.
- Proof of immunizations per the Health and Safety (Clinical) Requirements - Other Programs Immunization Information
- Work Experience Verification Form.
- Proof of Residency - two documented pieces of evidence which include name, country, address, and date (must be one year and one day prior to beginning of application filing period).
- Tax return (only the page showing your name and physical address)
- Official rental or lease agreement
- AFDC documents,
- CalWorks Documents
- Unemployment documents
- Escrow papers
- Driver's license
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Utility bills
- Bank statements
Additional information related to the completion of the application packet:
- Shasta College work will be obtained from the Admissions and Records office and made an official part of the application filing packet.
- Failure to include ALL other college and/or high school records will result in the automatic disqualification of the application filing packet.
- Other college and/or high school records that may already be on file with the Shasta College Admissions and Records office CANNOT be used for this packet.
- If an applicant is determined to be ineligible, the applicant must re-submit all other college and/or high school records with each new application filing packet.
*Official transcripts are those that have been received from another educational institution in a sealed envelope and remain unopened. Once an envelope containing a transcript has been opened (seal broken) it cannot be accepted by Shasta College for purposes of application filing to the Dental Hygiene program.
As application-filing packets are submitted, the packet will be logged in and the applicant will receive a receipt. Upon closing of the application filing period, all applications will be reviewed based on the Application Requirements and Selection Criteria for Qualified Applicants.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain current information (name, address, telephone number, email address) with the Admissions & Records Office.
Selection Criteria for Qualified Applicants
Final selection of qualified applicant candidates is competitive using Selection Criteria based on a Point System. Applications submitted with "in-progress" work will not be accepted.
Notification of Acceptance
As enrollment spaces are determined, applicants scheduled for enrollment in the next class will receive email notification of their status. If an applicant cannot attend when offered a position in the program, they will be removed from the applicant pool and the applicant will need to re-apply during a subsequent application filing period to be considered for another class.
Students who are not selected for the class have the option of re-applying during a subsequent application filing period for consideration to another class. Students who have been notified of disqualification may contact Admissions & Records (530-242-7650) to discuss actions required to meet qualification standards.
All application placements are based on space availability.