Designing for Online Learning
- Learning Design. Backwards Design will support your online course development.
- Learning Objectives. How to write well constructed learning objectives and why they are so important as you develop your online course.
- Online Assessments. Explore assessment options and establish a strategy for online assessments.
- Course Materials. Approaches to enhance your course materials for online delivery including video and other media creation.
- Course Communications. An overview of communication from instructor presence to providing effective feedback and establishing your policy.
- Academic Integrity. Use these resources and strategies for promoting a culture and environment of academic integrity in online learning.
- Group Work. Group work online can offer a collaborative experience for learners in working towards a common goal.
- Instructor Presence. Instructor presence establishes both personal and professional aspects to create connections with learners.
- Engagement with Students. There are many ways to create connections with students - here are a few to trigger your imagination.
|Office of Educational Technology||Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning and more!||Full Schedule|
|California Viritual Campus||Webinars on a wide range of topics - vendor tools, faculty support, and more!||Full Schedule|
|3CSN||Upcoming webinars and recordings of previous session.||Full Schedule|
Looking for an Office of Education Technology recorded webinar? Visit our Preparing Your Course for Online page for a full list of recordings.
- Introduction to Teaching with Canvas (Self-Paced) - 2020
- New Canvas Gradebook
- Canvas Guides
- Online Faculty Guide
- Sample Course Materials
- Support Videos
- Department YouTube Channel
- (Pre-Spring 2020) Webinar Archives
- Instructor FAQs
How do I request assistance from the Office of Educational Technology?
Click the appropriate option below: