Hospitality: Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration Certificate
This certificate is designed to prepare students for careers in the hospitality field associated with food and beverage management, lodging, and tourism. Hands-on worksite learning gives the student additional experience in the field.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Define the concept of service and train others to meet and exceed guest expectations, in any hospitality industry environment.
- Define the main departments within a full-service hotel and their functions, and describe how each department works together to ensure the overall objective is met.
- Describe computer applications commonly used in the hospitality industry.
- Describe the nature of, and be able to effectively function in, this dynamic physically demanding environment.
- Describe motivational techniques that management can employ to improve employee performance in a hospitality operation.
- HOSP 10 Introduction to the Hospitality Industry 3
- HOSP 20 Hospitality Operations Management 3
- HOSP 35 Computer Applications in the Hospitality Industry 3
- HOSP 40 Human Resource Management in the Hospitality Industry 3
- HOSP 55 Customer Service Skills for a Multicultural Workplace 3
- HOSP 94 Hospitality Worksite Learning 1
Total Units for Certificate: 16
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!