Life Management Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CL.3252
This certificate is designed to provide students with the information, perceptions and skills necessary to move toward responsible independence and effective interpersonal relationships. Resources such as time, money and energy will be stressed along with the study of the physical, mental, emotional and social needs of all ages. This curriculum is essential for preparing individuals to balance personal, family and work responsibilities throughout the life cycle.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be capable of balancing personal, family and work responsibilities on a sustainable basis through the use of:
- A comprehensive model of developmentally appropriate concepts and behavior throughout the lifespan.
- A personal mission statement for life and set of initial life goals.
- A theoretical perspective of family.
- A personal dietary analysis and plan.
- A personal budgetary analysis and plan.
All courses to be applied to the Life Management Certificate must be completed with a “C” grade or better.
- BUAD 14 Personal Finance 3
- ECE 1 Human Development 3
- HUSV 16 Marriage and Family 3
- HUSV 60 Life Management 3
- NUTR 25 Nutrition 3
Total Units for Certificate: 15
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!