Automotive Technology: Automotive Chassis Certificate
Introduction to automotive chassis systems: Principles of automotive brake and suspension systems, wheel balance, tire service, suspension and headlamp alignment; maintenance, troubleshooting procedures, and proper use of alignment and balancing machines, brake lathes and other diagnostic equipment; diagnosis, disassembly, inspection, and rebuilding of suspension and brake systems; emphasis on proper use of manuals and safe use of tools and equipment; preparation for CA State Brake and Lamp licensing exams.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Perform under-car inspections and repair suspension, hydraulic, and active braking systems.
- Diagnose vehicle alignment concerns.
- Identify the basic electrical circuits and diagnose automotive electrical systems.
- Apply the basic principles of physics as they work in the automotive industry.
- AUTO 1 Vehicle Electrical Systems 3
- AUTO 132 Steering and Suspension 3
- AUTO 147 Automotive Braking Systems 3
Total Units for Certificate: 9
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!