Automotive Technology: Automotive Engine Performance Certificate
This certificate prepares a student to be successful as an entry-level technician in vehicle electrical systems repairs.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Identify the basic electrical circuits and diagnose automotive electrical systems.
- Apply the basic principles of physics as they work in the automotive industry.
- Interpret and analyze automotive fuel, and ignition systems.
- Utilize appropriate diagnostic equipment, documentation, and troubleshooting principles on various automotive systems.
- AUTO 1 Vehicle Electrical Systems 3
- AUTO 11 Intro to Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technology 3
- AUTO 20 Engine Performance 4
- AUTO 21 Advanced Engine Performance 3
Total Units for Certificate: 13
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!