Automotive Technology: Automotive Powertrain Certificate
Theory, operation, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of drivetrain and automatic transmissions: Single dry-disc clutches, manual transmissions/transaxles, universal joints, final drives, and hydraulically-controlled automatic transmissions and transaxles.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the overall operation of an automotive transmission and differential.
- Utilize appropriate diagnostic equipment, documentation, and troubleshooting principles on various power train systems.
- Diagnose vehicle power train concerns.
- Identify the basic electrical circuits and diagnose automotive electrical systems.
- Apply the basic principles of physics as they work in the automotive industry.
- AUTO 1 Vehicle Electrical Systems 3
- AUTO 161 Manual Drive Trains & Axles 3
- AUTO 162 Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles 3
Total Units for Certificate: 9
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!