Maintenance Mechanic Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CT.3453
The Maintenance Mechanic Program is designed to prepare students for positions in a variety of service and manufacturing industries requiring technically trained and/or certified mechanics. The program is designed to prepare students for the opportunity to become an entry-level maintenance mechanic.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Install, level, and align electrical/mechanical systems to design specifications and verify that it is operating within specifications.
- Evaluate components electrical/mechanical systems and create a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Troubleshoot electrical/mechanical system that is not operating within specifications and repair or replaced failed components.
- DIES 48 Hydraulics 3.5
- DIES 49 Advanced Hydraulics 3
- INDE 37 Electricity and Electronics 3
- INDE 38 Introduction to Industrial Mechatronics 3
- INDE 45 Introduction to Manual Machining 3
- INDE 102 Industrial Trade Essentials 3
- MATH 100 Technical Applications of Mathematics 3
- WELD 70 Beginning Welding 3
- WELD 73 Structural Steel Metal Fabrication 3
- WELD 118 Blueprint and Specification Reading (Mechanical) 2
- WELD 174 Structural Steel MIG Welding 3
Pathway Option (Choose one course)
- AGMA 44 Introduction to Construction Skills for Agriculture and Natural Resources 3
- INDE 101 Industrial Trade Basics 3
Total Units for Certificate: 35.5
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!