Watershed Restoration Certificate
This certificate provides full-time students as well as professionals related to various agencies and industries an opportunity to obtain knowledge, skills and hands-on training related to the many facets of watershed restoration including regulation, mapping, water quality, data collections, recent advances in erosion control and bio-engineering applications and techniques, and heavy equipment operations.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Apply the newest technologies and practices in erosion control in restoring an ecosystem.
- Apply the latest techniques in bio-engineering applications.
- Select and implement an appropriate method or procedure for monitoring a specific attribute of the environment.
- Operate and maintain heavy equipment resulting in minimum impact to the watershed.
- Accurately navigate in the field using maps, compass, a Global Positioning System (GPS). Students will also be able to use GPS for field data collection and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for data mapping and display.
- AGNR 50 Natural Resources Measurements 4
- AGNR 64 Watershed Management and Ecology 3
- AGNR 66A Watershed Restoration Practicum I 1
- CONS 46 Equipment Operations and Maintenance 3
- CONS 47 Project Construction for Equipment Operations 3
Total Units for Certificate: 14
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!