Short-Term Emergency Loans
Applications and approval for emergency loans is for the current semester only.
Applications are accepted Fall and Spring.
|For Term / Semester||Application Opens||Date Closes|
|Fall||First week of classes||45-days prior to the end of the semester|
|Spring||First week of classes||45-days prior to the end of the semester|
Please read all information below before applying.
How to Apply
Applications are processed weekly.
Deadline: Tuesday at noon.
*If the district is closed on Friday, the application deadline becomes Monday at noon.
Emergency Loan Application is not open, yet.
The application link is only open and visible when we are accepting applications. The application is currently closed and inactive. Please return the first week of classes in August to apply. Thank you!
Students NOT eligible:
- In "Default" status on a Federal Student Loan
- Owe a grant overpayment
- Enrolled in less than 6 units
- Note: Late start classes are not considered enrolled units until they start
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) Below 2.0
- Currently attending High School or College Connection
- Have an outstanding Short-Term Loan
- Have an "unsatisfactory repayment" status on a previous Shasta College loan
Applications are processed weekly. Once your request has been processed, an email will be sent to you. If your request is not approved, additional information will be posted to “Required Documents” under “My Financial Aid” through “My Shasta”.
If an Emergency Loan is processed on your behalf, a charge will be placed on your student account. You will be responsible for this debt. Remember, this is a short-term loan and is due 45-days from receipt. A late fee of $10.00 may be assessed to your account.
If your request is approved, a check will be mailed to you at the address on file at the school. Please make sure this information is current. Changes can be made using your My Shasta account. Checks are mailed no later than Friday the week the loan is approved.
Emergency Loan Repayment
- If an Emergency Loan is approved a charge will be placed on your student account.
- Emergency Loans are to be repaid within 45 days or the next disbursement, whichever is sooner
- Payments can be made online through your My Shasta account.
- A late fee of $10.00 may be assessed
- Unpaid Loans will be sent to collections. All collection fees will be the responsibility of the student.
- Once a loan has been sent to collections, the student may not receive another short-term loan at Shasta College. Short-term loans include: Book Assistance, Emergency Loan, and EOPS Emergency Loans.