Student Employment Job Board Posting: Crain Ranch - Orchard Crew Supervisor
Check out this new job posting!
Field/Industry Agriculture & Ranch Work
Business Name Crain Ranch
Contact Name Joe Enyeart
Address 5130 Anita Rd, Chico, CA 95973
Phone Number 5305662268
Email Address email@example.com
Job Position/Title Orchard Crew Supervisor
Rate of Pay $20/hr
Days / Hours 5-7 days per week depending on season
Summary: Crain Ranch is hiring! We are a family-owned walnut farming and processing company that has been in business for over 50 years. We are constantly growing, developing new farm ground, and strive to maintain high quality orchards by utilizing the newest farming technology and growing procedures. We offer an opportunity to work outdoors with a hands-on approach to farm supervision and management. Given our rate of growth, there is ample opportunity for upward movement for those willing to learn and commit to agricultural work. Our orchard crews are tight-knit groups that work together, enjoy the outdoors and its freedoms, and strive for the common goal of maintaining the highest quality and most beautiful orchards in the area. The Orchard Crew Supervisor will work directly under an Orchard Division Manager and will have ample opportunity to learn and grow their knowledge of farming while on the job.
Supervision and participation in day-to-day orchard activities of farming crew, including but not limited to:
- Execute daily plans with field crew, maintain morale, and ensure quality of work being performed
- Plan and schedule equipment needs and operations
- Knowledge of Pest control – identification, trapping, monitoring and decision-making regarding weeds, insects, fungus, etc.
- Irrigation Practices – monitoring, scheduling, and efficiency control
- Soil and Plant Fertility – soil and tissue sampling, analyze results, execute fertilization and calibration of equipment
- Harvest – Supervision of harvest crew and all machinery involved, decision-making regarding harvest timing and quality
- Mastery of farm equipment and procedures – Eagerness to gain familiarity with equipment and learn how to operate
- Assist in maintaining staff and recruiting new additions to our team
Compensation: Depends on experience, $20/hr
Benefits: Company pickup truck, cell phone, vacation pay and health insurance available after probationary period
Contact: Please contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire for a job application, submit a resume, and/or schedule an interview.
- Valid driver’s license
- Availability – 40+ hrs per week in off-season, 40-60+ hrs per week during growing season, daily availability during harvest season (Sept.-Oct.)
- Physical ability to lift 50+ lbs, walk long distances, work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Spanish language not a requirement, but very helpful
- Email Resume