Student Employment Job Board Posting: Redding School of the Arts, Student Supervision & Classroom Paraprofessional
Check out this new job posting!
Field/Industry Child Care & Pre-School
Business Name Redding School of the Arts
Contact Name Nicole Iskra
Address 955 Inspiration Place Redding, CA 96003
Phone Number 530-255-8616
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Position/Title Student Supervision & Classroom Para
Rate of Pay $15.00-$15.94
Days / Hours 9:15 - 12:45
Link to job application
Student Supervision and Classroom Paraprofessional General Functions
Under the direct supervision of the Principal and/or Director, the Paraprofessional is responsible for morning recess supervision of all students in their assigned area. As an employee of Redding School of the Arts (RSA), this employee will follow the responsibilities and procedures as delineated in the RSA Personnel Handbook.
- To act as a positive role model for our youth and staff, providing guidance and leadership, which will help develop important skills to improve health, intellect, and social skills;
- Supervise students during morning recess to maintain order and safety;
- Assist in the daily cleanup of playground to include storing equipment, picking up litter, raking bark, or other as activities have occurred;
- Communicate with parents and school staff as required;
- Organize or encourage students to play games or work together;
- Inspect and maintain facilities and playground equipment for safety purposes;
- Tutor assigned student or small groups of students in an assigned program, reinforcing instruction as directed by the teacher; direct group activities of students as assigned.
- Report progress regarding student performance and behavior to teachers according to established guidelines.
- Exercise discretion in discussing students with non-parental adults, including staff members;
- Assure the health and safety of students by following health and safety practices and procedures; maintain learning environment in a safe, orderly and clean manner.
- Assist student with developing positive interpersonal relationships with peers and adults.
- Provide first aid and basic health care to ill and injured students;
- Prompt notification to supervisor and school office of absences or inability to perform listed duties;
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary due to weather or schedules for success of students.
- Ability to:
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships;
- Apply legal mandates, policies and regulations pertaining to a school operation and playground safety;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form;
- Work with students (kindergarten thru eighth grades);
- Current General first aid /CPR training;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Specific hearing abilities are required by this job.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education
Any combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skills will be considered. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skills are:
- One year of general experience, preferably in an education organization.
- Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade.
- Online EdJoin Application
- Cover Letter
- (2) Letters of Reference
- First Aide Certificate
Apply By Online Application