Student Employment Job Board Posting: Shasta County, Auditor-Accountant Technician I
Check out this new job posting!
Field/Industry Clerical & Accounting
Business Name Shasta County
Address 1450 Court St. Suite 348
Phone Number 530-225-5515
Job Position/Title Auditor-Accountant Technician I
Rate of Pay $19.73 - $25.18 Hourly
Days / Hours Full-Time
Link to job application
Apply online at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/shasta.
Current vacancy is within the Auditor-Controller's Office.
- Interpret and process financial or statistical records submitted by County departments, schools, and independent special districts.
- Audit and approval of vendor payments, employee expense reimbursements, purchasing card reconciliations, deposits, and journals to ensure that they are consistent with existing policies and procedures.
- Assists fiscal staff from other departments, schools, and special districts in learning the requirements for the above processes.
- Perform complex bookkeeping or financial recordkeeping work involving the maintenance of financial and statistical records.
- Utilize knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and State Controller's Guide to Accounting for Counties.
- Perform difficult clerical accounting work involving independent judgment, accuracy, and speed; assume responsibility for complex records utilizing computerized and/or manual systems.
- Make decisions in procedural matters and provide corrective feedback; assemble and organize data and prepare and maintain accurate and complete financial and statistical records and reports.
- Operate standard office equipment including computerized systems to enter and/or retrieve data.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments, cities, schools, special districts, outside agencies, coworkers, and the public.
- Communicate effectively orally and in the development of written documents, reports, and financial information.
- Train and schedule the work of staff as required for some assignments; maintain confidentiality.
- Handle multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
The ideal candidate will have two years of experience preparing, processing, and maintaining accounting documents and records in a position where accounting or financial duties were the primary responsibility and/or will have a college degree that includes the successful completion of four college level accounting courses.
Two years of experience preparing, processing, and maintaining accounting documents and records in a position where these activities were the primary duties of the position and which provides the required knowledge and abilities listed above. Education, professional training, or professional certificates that are directly related to the knowledge and abilities standards may be substituted.
Get additional info and apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/shasta. EOE
- A valid State of California driver's license is required.
- Pick Up Application in Person
- Online Application