Student Employment Job Board Posting: Women's Business Center at JEDI, Intake and Program Specialist
Check out this new job posting!
Field/Industry Clerical & Accounting
Business Name Women's Business Center at JEDI
Address 1670 Market Street
Email Address email@example.com
Job Position/Title Intake and Program Specialist
Rate of Pay $17.00-$19.00/hour depending on experience, PTO
Days / Hours 5 days/ 40 hours
Link to job application firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization General Description
- Founded in 1996, JEDI increases the economic well-being of people and communities through business development and local wealth creation. To do that, we offer training, coaching, financial services, loan services and moral support to entrepreneurs in far Northern California (specifically Siskiyou, Shasta, Trinity and Humboldt Counties). The Women’s Business Center (WBC) at JEDI provides in-depth, substantive, outcome-oriented business services to women (and men) entrepreneurs, both nascent and established business owners, a representative number of whom are socially and economically disadvantaged. This program is in part funded through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and supported by the SBA’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership. WBC services include: entrepreneurial and financial awareness training; coaching and business development consultation; workshops and webinars on business topics; access to capital consulting and events; federal contracting opportunities; export assistance; and much more through the network of SBA and other business development partners.
- Position’s Purpose
- In support of its mission, JEDI seeks an enthusiastic team player with exceptional customer service and data management skills to support the Knowledge Management and Program teams. This position has a key role in ensuring JEDI’s capacity to report on its impact and provide clients with excellent customer service.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to WBC at JEDI clients and staff.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive client information is required.
- Data management process and content support duties include:
- Maintain ongoing, real time data integrity and entry, contact management, reporting of outcomes, and quality control for use by staff and others.
- Handle inquiries (calls, emails, walk-ins) with new clients: answer general questions, administer Intake data collection, and refer participants to workshops, counselors, or other services.
- Facilitate customer discovery sessions, generally one-on-one by phone or in person, to welcome and collect complete Intake information with clients and guide (refer) them to the best possible JEDI services.
- Assist clients upon arrival with digital intake process, upload copies of pertinent documentation.
- Data entry: Intakes, workshops, counseling sessions, and as needed, outcome updates and surveys
- Ongoing follow up and engagement to support client success and JEDI data integrity for reporting required by donors and staff.: appointment reminders as needed, assistance with scheduling/ re-scheduling, follow-up calls, outcome surveys, and emails for aging files.
- Training, support, and assist counselors with accurate record keeping and following up and collecting required information and documents from clients.
- Assist with reporting and data visualization as needed.
- Perform regular database diagnostic reports, data quality control to maintain high integrity data.
- As needed, collect, enter, and share client outcomes and success stories and results with staff.
- Supportive program outreach tasks, including preparing mailings, making phone calls, and other follow-up activities.
- Workshop preparation (includes promoting, printing education packet formation, etc.)
- Workshop support (attendee confirmation, follow up, and assistance during event)
- Office and program support, as needed.
- Off-Site Support: Rotating presence at current and future offsite locations.
- Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Understand and stay knowledgeable on organization’s programs and services and refer clients to additional resources based on client’s needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the WBC Director, or Director of Knowledge Management.
- Exemplary internal and external customer service on a daily basis.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented data management experience required.
- Passion for community development and for improving lives in underserved communities.
- Pragmatic and customer-oriented project or program manager experience desired.
- Two years’ experience in administration or related field (e.g. administrative assistant, receptionist, data entry).
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, and Internet required. Excel power user and CRM databases preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and duties.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team, problem solve, and be persistent.
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours; some evenings and weekends required with pre-arranged scheduling.
- Email Resume
Location: This position is based in the Redding Office, and is a remote position as needed to comply with COVID19.
This position is likely to be a work-at-home until the office re-opens for the public, at which time it is likely to require three days a week in the person minimum at the office. In-person presence is important to support engagement with staff, clients, other organizations and partners. Our small staff of 4 based in the Redding Office and 11 total allows each staff person to be involved and learn about and be involved in various aspects of our work. We take collaborative approaches and value a willingness to support projects beyond one’s own job description. In other words, we help each other to produce the best work we can.
We seek to build a staff of people with a variety of perspectives and life experiences. JEDI is an equal opportunity and we recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
To Apply Please send a cover letter and resume explaining why you are a good match for JEDI, the Women’s Business Center and this position, along with any additional information you feels shows us your strengths related to this position to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Please put your full name and “Intake Specialist” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until hire.