Student Health & Wellness Office has a limited scope of practice for physician services and does not function like the typical doctor's office. It is not the intention of the physician to be identified as a primary healthcare provider.
Physician / Medical Doctor Services
Physician (medical doctor) service provides assistance to students seeking medical diagnosis and treatment of short-term, temporary illness.
- Physician services are contracted for a specific number of days / hours each year.
- The physician is not on campus daily, and is not available to students when not on campus.
- Please check the College Events Calendar or call the office to confirm day(s) of service for the week.
- Physician services are not available during winter and spring breaks or summer session
Primary Healthcare Provider
It is not the intention of the physician to be identified as a primary healthcare provider in the Student Health & Wellness Office. We have a limited scope of practice for physician services and do not function like the typical doctor's office. Community referrals must be made with conditions requiring ongoing medication and treatment follow-up. Our office will assist in the referral process as much as possible.
The office stocks a limited formulary of prescription medications to treat common, uncomplicated respiratory, ear / nose / throat, eye, and skin ailments. Only the physician can dispense these medications, which are available to the student at no cost. If our formulary does not contain the medication indicated for a condition, a prescription may be written, and filled at the student's expense.
Diagnostics & Referrals
At times, diagnostics such as X-rays, lab work or other medical tests may be indicated, as well as referral to another community provider / specialist. The student is responsible for costs associated with services rendered outside our office.
Preparing for your visit...
- Remember to bring your student ID number!
- Appointments are usually 15 minutes in length.
- Our scope of service prohibits us from treating chronic conditions beyond four (4) appointments and pregnant women.
- "Walk-ins" are accepted only if time allows.
- Students arriving more than 15 minutes late for an appointment may be re-scheduled for another day or seen as a "walk-in" if time allows.
Please call if you need to re-schedule an appointment so we can offer the appointment time to someone else.
To Make An Appointment
Please call the Student Health & Wellness office at (530) 242-7580 to schedule an appointment.