College to Career (C2C)
Adults (18 years or older) with an Intellectual Disability, can join C2C to complete a 3-year program that will help you find employment when you are done.
If you are or are willing to become a client of the Department or Rehabilitation (DOR) they will help you with financial and other supports to complete the College to Career (C2C) program at Shasta College.
You must be:
- Interested in working
- Committed to a 3-year training program that is designed to fit your interests and goals
- Willing to participate in program activities 4-5 days per week
- Able to participate in the college campus independently and without supervision
College to Career (C2C) offers vocational training including:
- Career exploration activities to help you discover which job will be perfect for you
- Job skills classes in your chosen career to give you the tools you need to be successful
- Personal support to help you find and keep your dream job
- Core classes that will build your academic skills and earn you a Career Success and/or Life Skills Certificate
- Academic/study skills support to successfully complete classes
Students can choose from a variety of Career Training classes:
Customer Service, Automotive, Early Childhood Education, Dining Service, Cook , Retail, Computers, Landscaping, Horticulture, Hospitality, Office Skills, Welding…and many more!
Now Accepting Applications
The College to Career (C2C) program can accept up to 20 students per academic year. We currently accept applications at any time of the year and will work with you on which semester you would like to begin college classes. Please contact the director to find out more.